How Long Do the Benefits of LASIK Last?
LASIK is a life-changing procedure that can help you achieve better vision. But how long do the benefits of LASIK last? In most cases, the benefits of LASIK are long-lasting. However, it’s important to keep in mind that everyone’s eyesight is different, and some people may experience more changes in their vision over time than others. Roughly 5 percent of patients experience small changes in their eyes that necessitate a second procedure. This can occur three months after the first procedure or 20 years later. Read on to learn more about the benefits of LASIK and its permanency.
The Benefits of LASIK
LASIK surgery is one of the most popular vision correction procedures available today. And for good reason–it’s safe, effective, and can provide near-instant results.
If you’re considering LASIK, you may be wondering what the benefits are. Here are just a few of the many advantages that LASIK can offer:
- You’ll have clearer vision. This is the most obvious benefit of LASIK, but it’s also the most important. After successful surgery, patients typically have 20/20 vision or better.
- You won’t need glasses or contacts. For many people, LASIK provides an opportunity to ditch the glasses and contacts for good. While you may still need them for reading or other activities, you won’t need them for your everyday vision needs.
- You can enjoy your favorite activities. Do you love playing sports but hate wearing glasses? Are you tired of having to fumble around with contact lenses every time you want to go swimming? LASIK can help you enjoy your favorite activities without any visual interference.
- It’s a relatively quick and painless procedure. LASIK surgery is usually over in less than 30 minutes, and it’s a fairly painless procedure thanks to the numbing drops that are used beforehand.
- The results are immediate. Unlike other vision correction procedures, the results of LASIK are typically noticeable immediately. You may still need to take it easy for a day or two after surgery, but you should be able to see clearly right away.
If you’re considering LASIK surgery, be sure to consult with a qualified eye surgeon to see if you’re a good candidate. And remember, the best way to avoid needing vision correction surgery in the first place is to take good care of your eyes and get regular comprehensive eye exams.
Although the results of LASIK are usually permanent, it’s possible for your vision to change over time. This is especially true if you have a condition that affects your eyesight, such as presbyopia or cataracts. If you experience any changes in your vision after having LASIK, be sure to talk to your doctor about them.
In general, the benefits of LASIK last a lifetime. However, you may need to have additional procedures as you age to correct any changes in your vision. Talk to your doctor about what to expect and how often you should have your eyes checked.
What is a LASIK Enhancement?
When you have LASIK surgery, your surgeon uses a laser to change the shape of your cornea. This helps correct vision problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
For some people, the results of their LASIK surgery are not as good as they hoped. Their vision may not be as clear as they wanted it to be, or they may still need to wear glasses or contact lenses. In these cases, a LASIK enhancement may be recommended.
A LASIK enhancement is another laser treatment that can be done to improve the results of your original surgery. It is usually done within the first year after your initial surgery.
There are a few reasons why you may need a LASIK enhancement. One reason is that your eyes may have healed differently than expected. This can happen if you have certain medical conditions that affect how your eyes heal, such as diabetes.
Another reason you may need a LASIK enhancement is if your vision has changed since your original surgery. This can happen if you experience an injury to your eye or if you develop a cataract.
If you are considering having LASIK surgery, it is important to talk to your doctor about the possibility of needing a LASIK enhancement. This way, you can make sure that you are getting the best possible results from your surgery.
Future Vision Correction Treatments and LASIK
LASIK does not impact a patient’s future vision correction treatment options. In fact, many patients who have undergone LASIK are able to successfully undergo additional vision correction procedures, if necessary, without any significant complications.
It is important to note, however, that every patient is different and will respond to vision correction treatments in their own unique way. As such, it is always best to consult with a qualified eye care professional before undergoing any type of vision correction treatment, including LASIK. This way, you can be sure that you are making the best decision for your individual needs and circumstances.
If you are considering LASIK surgery, or have already undergone the procedure, and have concerns about your future vision correction treatment options, please don’t hesitate to speak to one of our qualified eye doctors here at Panorama LASIK in Colorado. We will be able to provide you with more specific information and guidance based on your individual situation. Contact us today!