Davina Kirschenbaum, MD
M. Davina Kirschenbaum, MD is a board-certified ophthalmologist, and is cornea, external disease, and refractive surgery fellowship-trained. She joined Boulder Eye Surgeons in 2023 to perform cataract, cornea, and refractive surgeries including PRK, LASIK, and EVO ICL.
Dr. Kirschenbaum knew that she was passionate about medicine from a young age, and she set out to achieve her goals by attending the prestigious Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, an abbreviated B.S./M.D. program where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.S. degree in biomedical education. She completed her final years of medical school at the New York Medical College, where she was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Kirschenbaum completed her internship at Presbyterian- St. Luke’s Medical Center in Denver, CO before moving to Washington, DC to complete her ophthalmology residency at the esteemed Georgetown University Hospital. During her residency, she worked with diverse patient populations and won several research grants and awards for her research on complex corneal disease. She completed a cornea, refractive, and external disease fellowship at the John A. Moran Eye Center, one of the top eye hospitals in the world.
When Dr. Kirschenbaum isn’t seeing patients, she enjoys spending time in the mountains while hiking, camping, skiing, and snowboarding. She also loves to spend time with her husband and their two dogs.
She speaks English and Hebrew, and is proficient in basic Spanish.
- Fellowship in Cornea, Refractive, and External disease, John A. Moran Eye Center, University of Utah
- Residency in Ophthalmology, Georgetown University Hospital
- Internship, Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center
- M.D., Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, New York Medical College
- B.S., Summa Cum Laude, Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, City University of New York Medical School
- Board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- EVO ICL Certified Surgeon
- EX-500 and FS-200 Certified Surgeon
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The Cornea Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha